At California Yacht Marina, we make dazzling shots and cinematography possible by coordinating with the California Yacht Marina-Cabrillo filming office. Your next film or commercial demands stunning visuals, and they shouldn’t cost a fortune. We have everything you need to tell compelling and visually-arresting stories. Nature gave us the Pacific Ocean, and we help you harness it. We’re proud of our 27-year legacy for assisting storytellers in completing their projects by giving them storybook locations. When you work with us, we do everything to make your next shoot a rousing success.
Everything California Yacht Marina Has to Offer
Location is everything when gearing up to shoot a commercial, short-, or feature-length film. The images you capture help propel your story forward and engage your audience. We offer a plethora of interior and exterior shooting locations, as well as the yachts and boats required for maritime shooting. We know how challenging filming at sea can be. We’re here to simplify matters and help you scout locations. We also know we don’t do it alone – the stunning California coastline plays a significant role. We offer a wide range of possibilities, including:
- Recreational Boating Facilities: We’re an excellent location for photographers and filmmakers who need shots of boats, marinas, and everything in between. We keep our equipment and walkways in pristine condition. But more importantly, the boats themselves are perfect for filming on the water. For example, you can rent two: One for the action, and a second chase boat for shooting the action.
- Boat Slips: We know how expensive filming equipment is. We’ve specially-designed our boat slips to accommodate loading and unloading cameras and audio equipment from our boats. We want to keep you, your cast, and your prized filming equipment safe and dry during filming. We’re proud to say we’ve done so for over 27 years.
- Docks: We have plenty of dock space, which means our valued filmmakers and photographers never lack for space to berth or moor their boat. More importantly, we have trained professionals on hand if you aren’t familiar with navigating maritime vessels. Each dock contains more than enough space for a robust film crew.
- Beautiful Architecture with Oceanside Views: If you need to shoot indoor scenes, we have you covered. We keep our buildings meticulously clean and pristine. We welcome filmmakers and photographers of all kinds to shoot inside our building. And through our windows, you can see the sparkling waters of the Pacific. Day or night, our property is a boon for beautiful scenery.
- Yacht Clubs: We offer yacht clubs at each of our locations. Yachts provide both interior and exterior possibilities. Not only are they captained with experience, but we can help you find the best sites to shoot your commercial, something many marinas can’t offer.
- Lawns: Beyond our oversized boat slips, docks, and luxurious interiors lie sloping lawns filled with lush, green grass. Many filmmakers who need to shoot a quiet scene in nature have opted to utilize our grounds. As with everything else, we keep it in excellent shape, ensuring nary a blade of grass mars your shoot.
- Fountains: Our property is sprinkled with elaborate stone fountains. These installations provide plenty of options for film transitions. Capturing your audience’s attention is your most important job, whether you’re shooting a commercial or your passion project. Come and scout our grounds for location ideas.
Visit One of Our Four Full-Service Marinas
We coordinate with the California Yacht Marina-Cabrillo filming office to provide stunning visuals for your next project. But did you know we have four marinas? The Pacific coast is lined with beauty, and each one of our locations offers something different to our partners. Our goal is to foster the arts and commercial filming and help artists and directors produce the best content. To that end, you can enjoy filming in any of our marinas:
- Cabrillo Marina: The port of Los Angeles offers filmmakers and photographers with access to on-site beauty and stunning open-ocean scenery.
- Wilmington Marina: Located in Wilmington, CA, nearby Los Angeles, this marina also features magnificent natural splendor and professional staff.
- Chula Vista Marina: Located in San Diego, Chula Vista is a full-service marina with large docks and boat slips and plenty of opportunities for filmmakers to capture arresting images.
- Port Royal Marina: Close to both infamous Redondo Pier and the “Whaling Wall,” Port Royal marina is an excellent alternative to any of our marinas.
Contact Us to Schedule a Location Scouting Appointment
We know words will never be enough to sell you. But we’re confident that our marina will blow you away when you visit us. So, schedule an appointment today. California is the world’s capital of film and TV, not to mention world-class commercial work. We’re proud to be an exemplary part of an enduring American tradition. Most importantly, we’re more than capable of handling expansive productions and ferrying large production crews as you search for that perfect shot. Finally, when you work with us, we work tirelessly to make sure your experience goes off without a hitch. We allow catering onboard our yachts, and we do our best to accommodate requests in a timely fashion. Contact us today.
California Yacht Marina is proud of its 27+ year heritage as a filming location, and we will do everything we can to make your production a great success!